Thursday, July 28, 2011

Moving in Early!

We are able to get the key to our new place earlier than I thought.  We will be starting to move things in tomorrow!  I'm glad because Scott has to work all weekend and I recruited my brother to help me.  This way, we'll have a lot more time.  I'd like to be completely moved in by the end of this weekend.  I think that goal is fairly reachable now.

Scott and I have been restoring old furniture for a few days now.  I'd say we are getting pretty good at it.  We should start our own business!  Scott does the sanding, and I do the painting!  I think I have the easier job!

Anyway, we restored an old hutch that was Scott's when he was little (he used it as a dresser and the top part as a way to show off his model cars!).  We turned the hutch into an entertainment center.  Scott gutted it of all the drawers and shelves and put in our own shelves.  Then, he sanded everything down and I painted it.  All of the furniture in our living room is black, so we painted the entertainment center black as well.  It looks so modern now, I love it.

We are also restoring an old bookcase that we found in Scott's basement.  It was filthy and covered in spiders and cobwebs!  Once we got it cleaned, Scott sanded it and we painted it white with a sea foam color for the interior.  It's now a very bright and modern 2 toned bookcase for our sun room!  We also have a desk for the sun room, since that is where we are putting the computer and all my school books.  We painted the desk white as well.  I am also working on making this beaded chandelier... isn't it cute?  It's very me.  I cannot wait to finish it.  I love it!
 

Scott thinks it looks a little cheesy and cheap... but I think it will look so adorable in the sun room right over the desk.  We'll see if I can change his mind!


I am super psyched to get out of here and move!  This weekend will be both stressful and exciting all at the same time.  Forgive me if I don't post much at all until we are settled in.  I won't be able to have internet until Monday or Tuesday.  I will be taking tons of pictures of course and will post them here as soon as I have Internet.

I have been feeling kind of under the weather lately.. WW has taken a backseat because of that.  I have not calculated my points yesterday or today because I have not been eating very much.  My stomach is doing somersaults and I'm not sure if it's because the stomach bug is going around in my classroom or if I'm just nervous and stressed for this move.  I'm guessing it's a little mixture of both.  I hope I can keep it together for the weekend.

Wish me luck... and strength!!! I'm going to need it, our furniture is heavy!!

Til next time...



SMILE!

-Karla =)

No comments:

Post a Comment