Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hunger Pains

I remember when I first started Weight Watchers, the hunger pains were insane!  I had felt hunger pains before, but none like that.  They aren't painful particularly... just... annoying.  But it kind of makes me feel like whatever I'm doing with Weight Watchers is working.  Of course, I do eat when I am hungry but I'm used to eating bigger portions (which is why I lost control of my weight since I last lost 40lbs).  Smaller portion size is giving me some hunger pains like it did 3 years ago.  I see it as a good thing.  


hungrymonster.jpg

One of my fears of re-joining WW was that I was not going to see results as quickly as I did the last time I was on it.  Last time, I lost 9lbs at the end of my first week!  I mean, I really shocked my body!  I went from eating one way, to eating completely differently.  This time, I am not really eating badly... I still cook a bunch of WW recipes and eat fairly healthy.  My problem is portion control!  So, I'm anticipating not seeing results as quickly.  But, who knows.  I may be pleasantly surprised.  I'm already feeling better and it's only been 3 days.

I am getting used to this new PointsPlus program.  It's different.  I was on the regular points program 3 years ago.  The PointsPlus program completely messed up all of my recipes and favorites that had been saved from last time because the points are completely recalculated.  This was a pain to fix.  I wish that WW had just fixed it all for me! 

I learned that some foods are more points now with the PointsPlus program than they were with the regular Points program.  But, in return... you are allowed more points per day than you were last time depending on your height/weight/etc.  It's kind of odd for me to fill in my daily points at the end of the day and then notice that I have 3 or 4 points left that I don't know what to do with!  Of course, I only use them if I'm hungry... and now that I have noticed that pattern, I allow myself to have a 3 or 4 point snack in the middle of the day when I've noticed that I'm the hungriest.  

Memories are coming back of the days I was on WW before when I was tempted with foods that I could not eat.  Last night, Scott and I went to visit his grandparents and they offered us some ice cream bars.  

Not just ANY ice cream bars... they were SNICKERS ICE CREAM BARS.  

Any other day I would say, "Do you even have to ask??" ... and now... I have to look at the ice cream, fight off my craving for it, and say, "No thanks".... which of course brings on the, "Well, more for me"  or  "Suit yourself!"  Both sets of Scott's grandparents are Italian and food is a BIG deal.  Thank goodness I didn't have to say no to a huge bowl of pasta!!

Again, I'm thankful for my ability to say no and have self control.  Now if I could just have motivation to work out when I get home from a straight 8 hour day of working with children.  Hmm...



Smile!

-Karla =)

1 comment:

  1. If you find motivation to work out after 8 hours with kids, please let me know how you did it... lol

    ReplyDelete