Monday, July 18, 2011

New Apartment

Scott and I have been preparing for our move into a new apartment.  Among all the stress it brings, we try to have fun with it.  It's exciting and we are both sooo ready for these next two weeks to fly by!  We will get the keys on August 1st!

We hit up Walmart last night and purchased a second end table for our living room.  I had one already that was turquoise and we both sanded it down and spray painted it black.  Now we have two black ones.

To save money, we also cut the legs off of my childhood desk and spray painted that black and added nice stainless steel hardware to the drawer.  It makes for a very modern coffee table.  I bought tall clear cylinder vases from Walmart awhile ago too and I fill them up with water and put tea lights on the top.  They look so cool all lit up.  Simple, cheap, but equally elegant.

Our next project is to turn an old hutch into an entertainment center.  That involves a lot of cutting, sanding, and painting.  It's a lot of work, but it saves a lot of money.  Saving money is a great thing!

One of my favorite purchases at Walmart yesterday was this,
It is a view of NYC from Brooklyn.  I like it.  It looks nice.  It will look even better in our apartment.  I can't wait to move in and post pictures up so you all can see it.  

Another goal of ours is to find an affordable photographer.  It's been quite an experience.  Photographers are very very very very very expensive.  Very expensive.

Wish us luck!  


Smile!

-Karla

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the apartment - can't wait to see it! We are STILL trying to put our stamp on our apartment we bought FIVE years ago!! lol Because it was brand new - we have been a bit wary of "spoiling" it, if that makes sense! Slowly but surely it will get there! Maybe I will steal a few of your ideas!!! =)

    We are hoping to get married in Orlando, FL so the package we would get would have that included! But I'm also looking at another photographer based in Orlando, but I'm sure it will cost mega bucks!!

    Good luck on your search!

    ReplyDelete