Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Hump Day.

I'm celebrating tonight.  Celebrating getting through half of this week.  It's been hectic and stressful at work.  I was ready for the weekend at 9am on Monday morning.  Now, there are just 2 days left until my weekend.

It's funny.. when I think about it..  We always want the work week to fly by... and then come the weekend, we want time to slow down to almost a dead stop.  We want to stop to relax, breathe, capture moments that we may not have been able to capture had we been at work.  Working with kids, I get to capture unbelievable moments that their parents miss.  I get to see first steps, first time going "potty", and first time on the monkey bars without adult help.  I'm 23 and I have 8 children.  All between the ages of 2 and 3 years old.  I have about 100 other children as well, that I get to see from time to time during my day.  How lucky I am.

Man...  I love what I do.


Though I do love my weekends.  The time I get to spend alone.  Me time.  I love being able to send my kids home, with their parents.  I especially get "me" time on Saturdays.  Scott has work all day.  It's nice to be able to get things done, go for a walk, not put makeup on, write, breath, and stay in my PJs all afternoon.  I love that.

One of these Saturdays, I want to get the courage to go to the train station, and board a train.  A train heading to one place and one place only... New York City, of course.

I want to go there and walk through Central Park with my ear buds in.  I want to go without a big bulky purse... without a map... without a camera... you know, the usual touristy stuff.  I just want to go there, and be me... a part of the city... a part of it's people... and just pretend for five seconds that I live there.  And that I'm this famous Radio City Rockette, whose season has just ended.  And I'm just working on my fitness in Central Park.  =)

Random.

But, I may do that one day.


I want to be more spontaneous... it's one of my New Years Resolutions.  Can't get more spontaneous than that.


On another note...  here is something that makes me smile.  I love this poem.  It just makes me smile when I listen to it.  Especially when I'm alone on nights like tonight... (Scott's guys night out) and none of my friends are able to come over for Wine Wednesdays!

I love this video..  Check it out..  I guarantee you'll smile.  How To Be Alone =)


Keep Smiling (it's good for you!),

Karla =)

P.S. I chose the song I'll be walking down the aisle to at my wedding.  I'll share next time.  =)  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment