Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012

I've been composing this post in my head for a very long time.  I'm sure I have a ton of excuses I could think of.  I haven't written since October!!  Instead of getting into why I've not written, I'll just give ya'll an update.. those who still read anyway!!  Thanks Lisa, that comment you left got my butt into gear!  I really do enjoy blogging... but life has gotten in the way!

I'm finishing up some school things and doing a lot of teaching.  My life is kids... all day every day.  I laugh when people ask me when Scott and I are going to start trying... HAHA..  For now, I have enough kids.  Yeah, none of them are my own, but it's very nice to spend the day with them and then send them home at night!  Who knows, I'm sure down the road, I'll have one of my own.  Just... not yet!

As far as my wedding goes.. things are really fitting into place and Scott and I are getting so excited.  We have such great family and friends that are supporting and helping us with so much.  I have a gorgeous dress, and my beautiful bridesmaids have their dresses.  The guys are all set as well.  They're easy.  My whole wedding party looks great.  Now I just have to make sure that I look great, and feel comfortable in my own skin, like I did when I first lost weight with Weight Watchers.

As many of you know, I'm back on the program, have been for a while.  I've lost about 14lbs... and then slipped over Christmas and gained 5 back.  UH.  I also probably would have lost more than 14 if I had tracked more.

As soon as the clock struck midnight on New Years, some kind of spark went off inside me.  It finally has hit me that my wedding is in about 5 months.  I have been tracking like a mad woman this week.  Scott bought me a Zumba game for our Wii for Christmas.  I've played that EVERYDAY!  I LOVE IT! It tells you how many calories you've burned after playing.  I played for 45 minutes today and burned 616!!  Love the feeling I get afterward.  It's a reward like no other.

I picked up my gown on New Years Day.  It's now hanging out at my parents house.  I love putting it on.  It's perfect.  Every time I'm in it, I never want to take it off.  What better motivation to track my points than that!

My Mom and I are getting together this Saturday to go over seating at the reception and we'll be doing favors.  More on that in another post.  I've become obsessed with the website, Pinterest.  If you are not familiar with that site yet, make yourself familiar!!  It's crazy awesome... and then you'll be obsessed with it, like I am.   =)   I have found a lot of things on that site that I want to use in my wedding.

In sad news.. a few weeks ago, I made the very hard decision to take a year off of dancing.  Since I have moved in with my fiance, I am now 50 minutes away from my dance school.  It was a lot of driving for me, and it turned me into a crank pot!  I am too connected to my dance family to go and find another school closer to me, so I've decided to take a break for this season, and join again in September 2012, after the wedding and after I graduate college with my second bachelor's degree.  That way, the craziness will be over, and I'll be able to have a more level head for dance.

Ughhh.. I hate talking about that.  I love dance.  I hate leaving.  I keep telling myself it's just a break, but that doesn't help much.  Thank god for dance DVDs and games on the Wii!!  I'd go nuts without dance in my life!

So there ya go.  A little update on me.

Here's a photo of Scott and I from New Years Eve.

It was our anniversary.  Two years.  <3

Keep Smiling!

-Karla  =)

1 comment:

  1. you guys are sooo cute! No matter what you weigh on your wedding day, you are a beauty and you will STUN everyone who sees you in your dress! :)

    ReplyDelete